This week I have not had the chance to paint much, but while sorting the photos for my blog ” I blame the White Dwaft” I looked at my terminators for a while. When they were painted they were ok, but my standard have improved since then and I always meant to go back and improve them. So rather that a new piece for miniature Monday, I now have 6 newly smartened terminators.
I have added some more highlights, mainly to the Guns, the white is cleaner and I have added 4 decals to each; 2 chapter lcon, squad number and squad marking.
The sergeant got a new power weapon and a back banner. The banner has the same markings as the squad markings to tie the in.
One new addtion was the assault cannon. I wanted to add one as the AOBR kit lacks a heavy weapon. It was one of those thing I never got around to. I found one on @letthedicedecide for £3.00. It was my first order with them and the service was pretty good. This was painted up and as always the colour match was difficult, but I am happy with outcome.
Overall the squad looks loads better. I also managed to finish off the first of the honour guard. I am pleased with most of it, bit the trim on the cape is less than inspirational. The base will get done with the rest of the Squad t help ensure they look the same.
For next week I hope to have something special. Is from the honour guard and I am ready very pleased with the early work.
That’s it for now, but I am sure I’ll post during the week. Don’t forget to post you latest pics for miniature Monday on Twitter, just add #miniaturemonday to the end of the post.
I have been painting my orks and ultramarines for a while now and I can still remember why. I had been painting imperial guard for months and I was sick of painting them! This was just before 5th ed of 40k was released. In the next white dwarf I got a free sprue of mins, an ork Nob and a standard terminator. As a break I decided to paint these up. The ork was first. It was great fun and the new army bug bit me hard. I soon had the assault on black ridge set.
Now its easy to complain about GW prices and such like, but the current core game sets are awesome. Since warhammer 7th ed, they have been stunning. Containing full armies, not just troops, these have set a new standard. Most core games now have similar ideas. The island of blood set is great, but blackridge is awesome. Including vehicles and characters, its a great way to start armies. Normally with these games, I get don’t bother painting up the mins, but this time I promised myself I would.
The full set was painted and looked great, but I was drawn to the orks. I then started to expand the force and soon had I good size force. It became a speed freaks force and the trukk kit became a well used base for all sorts of things.
I challenged my self with the marines. I have painted loads of armies but I never tried a known force. It was always a scheme of my invention. This great and the 40k universe is designed to support this, however I thought I would try to make a known force my own. While loads of gamers complain about the vanilla marine in blue, I felt this would be the hardest challenge. We all know the ultramarines. It’s on the boxes, books and is the most iconic of all spacemarines. I soon found painting them to be a great challenge and the force soon grew.
Both armies now stand at a considerable size. With my stompa and the battleforce I am working towards, I can feild the armies in some apocalyptic games. I have some awesome conversion and have had some great games.
I don’t want to calculate the cost of these armies but there is atround 180 models! While working on these I have also painted my deamons and grey knights, added to the guard and other random models.
All of this work can be traced back to 2 free models. I dread to think what’s next as 6 edition is on the horizon. What the new core set will be is a hot topic in the forums, the front runners dark angels and chaos marines. Let’s hope they don’t do a free sprue this time! Right now where are my Honour guard…….
A few moths ago I did a ‘Mad grot Challenge’ the self imposed challenge was to paint 20 grots and 2 slavers as fast as possible.
It was great fun I felt I should challenge my self again. With my love of all things blue at presents and I am 10 men short of my Marines. I felt I should get a Tactical Marine Squad and see how fast I paint them to my normal standard.