I have been working on illuminating my grey knight stormraven and I finally got the fiber optic kit.
Sadly it just won’t work. The lights are to weak to make any real impact. I then tried the grain of wheat bulbs. These looked great and I was doing well until I let them run for about 3 minutes. That was when they started to smoke. I hadn’t accounted for the heat. At 12v they melted the plastic tubing and started to smoulder. The effort vs results just doesn’t add up. Now I should throw in the towel and just paint raven as a normal kit.
But I still think is doable, so I am going to press on. (once I have installed a on/off switch.) I am looking at LED, so let’s see how this one does.
I have painted loads of bitz so far and its look good. Still thinking about the external paint and any heraldic markings.
The next stage is the painting of the hull. This is nearly donand its all working. I hope ill de able to share it soon.